- This event has passed.
/Gig /London /Chaos Theory presents: tAngerinecAt – Mass Of The Black Cats
November 25, 2022 @ 19:30 - 22:00 GMT£13
After following them for years, Chaos Theory is delighted to present the unique sounds of tAngerinecAt, as they perform their latest album Glass in full.
tAngerinecAt are Ukrainian/British duo: Eugene Purpurovsky and Paul Chilton – songwriters, producers, composers, and multi-instrumentalists who create spellbinding avant-pop using electronic production, hurdy-gurdy, voice, flute and an array of other sounds. Their new album Glass hit the top of the charts on Bandcamp and tells Eugene’s personal story as a multi-ethnic queer refugee and complex trauma survivor from a working class background.
Their influences range from artists like Son Lux, Gesaffelstein, Fever Ray, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, My Dying Bride, to the ethnic music of the Ukrainian Carpathian Mountains and the films of Sergey Parajanov.
“Glass is a truly astounding, powerful and highly pertinent piece of work…
tAngerinecAt delivers one of the most exciting pieces of music I’ve heard this year.” – Louder Than War
“tAngerinecAt is breaking down barriers and the time-space continuum” – Post-Punk.com
We just saw their latest set at Cardiff Psych & Noise Fest and it’s a sight to behold. Join us.
£13 at Dice – https://link.dice.fm/q31c86ec05c9
£13.60 at SeeTickets – https://www.seetickets.com/…/the-black-heart/2375046
– There’s a small step into the building with an additional two steps up to the bar level
– The live music venue is on the first floor, up two flights of steps
– There is a railing on the right side of the stairs going up until the top five steps
– Please get in touch in advance if you would like us to reserve a stool or chair for you in the venue room. The venue is generally a standing area
– There are ample non-gendered toilets on both floors
– There are no accessible toilets in the building
– Neither of the bars have a lower section for wheelchair users
– There is a small bar in the upstairs venue, selling a few brands of canned beer, cider and soft drinks. Full bar downstairs